Shared this on Facebook, and then decided to test the people that read this blog also (hi mom and dad!)
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Bold it when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Guessers: No Googling/using IMDb search or other search functions.
6. Guessers: No looking at my favorite movies on my Facebook page.
I cheated and included a few TV shows (hint: two), because several of my favorite movies didn't have any quotes on their IMDB pages.
1. Character A: [Drinking some very strong alcohol in the middle of a fight] What the hell is that?
Character B: What does it mean when there's a picture of a skull?
Character A: Good stuff!!!
2. Character A: Correct me if I'm wrong, Pete - weren't you killed in a gunfight?
Pete: I was only gut shot. I'm stronger now with less appetite.
3. Character A: Word is they're going to repeal Prohibition. What'll you do then?
Character B: I think I'll have a drink.
4. I'm your huckleberry...
5. When James Bond gets an assignment, he probably ends up on the Riviera, up to his 007's in bikinis. Me? I end up 80 miles past nowhere.
6. Character A: Society can't exist without the family.
Character B: We're not against that.
Character A: Can two men reproduce?
Character B: No, but God knows we keep trying.
7. I warn you gentlemen, I am not to be trifled with. To pull the tail of a lion is to open the mouth of trouble and reveal the teeth of revenge biting the tongue of deceit.
8. A little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire so I suppressed the urge to laugh in her face, but now, by gum, I think she may have been on to something!
9. Character A: Aunt Lucy. I can see her now, lying on her dying bed, looking at you with those big, trusting eyes. 'Before I go, Jeff, promise me one thing,' she said. 'Promise me you'll always be a friend to little Orville,' she said. 'No matter what happens, you'll never leave the little jerk,' she said. 'Promise me, Jeff, promise me,' she said.
Character B: Yeah, then she up and died before I had the chance to say no.
10. Character A: Junior, I have tell you something.
Character B: Don't get sentimental now dad, save it until we get out of here.
Character A: The floor's on fire... see... AND the chair.
11. Character A: At last the day is came!
Character B: Mareichtag and I are speaking nothing but English now.
Character A: So we should feel at home when we get to America.
Character C: Very nice idea, mm-hmm.
Character B: [toasting] To America!
Character A: To America!
Character C: To America!
Character B: Liebchen - sweetnessheart, what watch?
Character A: Ten watch.
Character B: Such much?
Character C: Hm. You will get along beautiful in America, mm-hmm.
12. Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up.
13. [singing] Why don't we all drink/Some very sexy wine?
14. Character A: Sergeant Angel's been taken care of?
Character B: Yarp...
Character A: He's not going to get back up again?
[Character B thinks for a while]
Character B: [hesitantly] Narp?
Character A: Good. Proceed to the castle.
15.Character A: Aw, hell, Jim. I could never harm you. You're honest and brave and true. You didn't learn that from me.
Character B: I learned it from my friends, Mr. Silver. Now, take your oars and row away. I never want to see you again. Ever.
Ivy and Jyan, I choose (erm, tag) you!