Saturday, May 16, 2009

Movie Quotes Meme: Answers! (part 2)

Posting just because I just realized I never finished posting the answers to my movie quotes meme game. From January, no less. Answers to the first five are here in part 1.

On to part 2:

6. Character A: Society can't exist without the family.
Character B: We're not against that.
Character A: Can two men reproduce?
Character B: No, but God knows we keep trying.

This is from Milk, of course, which I was fortunate enough to score midnight-showing passes for. Here's the trailer, which includes the quote I used:



7. I warn you gentlemen, I am not to be trifled with. To pull the tail of a lion is to open the mouth of trouble and reveal the teeth of revenge biting the tongue of deceit.

Start the Revolution Without Me, a movie replete with (over)extended metaphors. And Gene Wilder.




8. A little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire so I suppressed the urge to laugh in her face, but now, by gum, I think she may have been on to something!

The musical version of Reefer Madness. Clip with quote:




9. Character A: Aunt Lucy. I can see her now, lying on her dying bed, looking at you with those big, trusting eyes. 'Before I go, Jeff, promise me one thing,' she said. 'Promise me you'll always be a friend to little Orville,' she said. 'No matter what happens, you'll never leave the little jerk,' she said. 'Promise me, Jeff, promise me,' she said.
Character B: Yeah, then she up and died before I had the chance to say no.

Road to Morocco, one of my first favorite movies. Dad had tapes of all these old movies and I watched them constantly; at eight I think I had this song memorized:




10. Character A: Junior, I have tell you something.
Character B: Don't get sentimental now dad, save it until we get out of here.
Character A: The floor's on fire... see... AND the chair.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. What more is there to add?



All righty; tune in later for the final installment!

No comments: