Thursday, June 26, 2008

There's a Reason. . .

. . . for the title of this blog.

For example, I've been playing around with iron-on transfers lately. With t-shirts for $2.50 at Michael's and transfer paper a buck a pop, I can't afford not to!

Wait, yes I can. But it is fun. I have a workout shirt in the works for my mom (I'm thinking Rosie the Riveter), and I made one for myself last night. It is, in fact, a comic book shirt. Specifically, this image:


Also last night, I decided to rent a movie. We had just sent Strays back to Blockbuster (Vin Diesel, I love you only slightly less than I would love that two hours of my life back), and so I actually had to go to the movie-rentery. There I discovered that I've seen all the comedies that are any good from the Comedy section, and couldn't decide on an action movie.

Instead, I rented the Wii game Okami. While I do take issue with a few things, such as the incredibly long cut-scenes and the fact that your character is given an annoying little Navi-like fairy, the game is very interesting to play. The idea for the game is fantastic:

Unique to Ōkami is the Celestial Brush. Players can bring the game to a pause and call up a canvas, where the player can draw onto the screen, either using the left analog stick on the PlayStation 2's Dual Shock controller, or pointing with the Wii Remote.[19] This feature is used in combat, puzzles, and as general gameplay.[20] For example, the player can create strong wind by drawing a loop, cut enemies by drawing a line through them, or create bridges by painting one, amongst many other abilities. These techniques are learned through the course of the game by completing constellations to release the Celestial Brush gods (inspired by the Chinese zodiac) from their hiding spots.[21]

3 comments:

Jyan said...

I have it for the PS2, but I can only imagine how fun the brush-work is with the Wii-Mote.

Niwi said...

It's fun, yes, but difficult. Damn if I didn't have to watch Mr. Orange's dance like 10 times before I got the sacred tree to blossom properly.

Jyan said...

That one was tricky. Also, I hate once you think you've finished the game...ANOTHER CHAPTER COMES UP! DAMN ANCIENT JAPAN AND ITS MULTITUDE OF MONSTERS!