Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Some have a way with words

Is it bad that my profile quote still cracks me up every. single. time. I read it? Probably.

Clearly, I'm leaking brain cells. Today in my Spanish-American Literature class, it took me five minutes to remember the word for "something happening contrary to what is expected" in Spanish. You know, irony. *sigh*

Even better, we know the prof. is grading our little two-minute informal presentations (mine today was on an Incan origin myth), but we have no clue what the criteria are. Is it grammar? Is it content? Is it what we're wearing? We don't know, because she sits there with a scrap of paper taking unknown notes of some kind, and doesn't tell us anything. For all I know, I failed because I didn't use seven gerunds today, or something.

I go to get a new copy of my drivers' license tomorrow morning, to replace the one I lost to that shark.

With my new license, I can A) early vote, and B) legally drive myself to my new job.

What new job, you ask?

I am now "gainfully employed" as a "child care provider" at a "Baptist church." Which means I get "money" to watch "children."

It's actually a lot of fun.

No comments: