Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Movie Quotes Meme

Shared this on Facebook, and then decided to test the people that read this blog also (hi mom and dad!)

Meme:
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Bold it when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Guessers: No Googling/using IMDb search or other search functions.
6. Guessers: No looking at my favorite movies on my Facebook page.


Onwards!

I cheated and included a few TV shows (hint: two), because several of my favorite movies didn't have any quotes on their IMDB pages.
**************
1. Character A: [Drinking some very strong alcohol in the middle of a fight] What the hell is that?
Character B: What does it mean when there's a picture of a skull?
Character A: Good stuff!!!

2. Character A: Correct me if I'm wrong, Pete - weren't you killed in a gunfight?
Pete: I was only gut shot. I'm stronger now with less appetite.

3. Character A: Word is they're going to repeal Prohibition. What'll you do then?
Character B: I think I'll have a drink.

4. I'm your huckleberry...

5. When James Bond gets an assignment, he probably ends up on the Riviera, up to his 007's in bikinis. Me? I end up 80 miles past nowhere.

6. Character A: Society can't exist without the family.
Character B: We're not against that.
Character A: Can two men reproduce?
Character B: No, but God knows we keep trying.

7. I warn you gentlemen, I am not to be trifled with. To pull the tail of a lion is to open the mouth of trouble and reveal the teeth of revenge biting the tongue of deceit.

8. A little orphan girl once told me that the sun would come out tomorrow. Her adopted father was a powerful billionaire so I suppressed the urge to laugh in her face, but now, by gum, I think she may have been on to something!

9. Character A: Aunt Lucy. I can see her now, lying on her dying bed, looking at you with those big, trusting eyes. 'Before I go, Jeff, promise me one thing,' she said. 'Promise me you'll always be a friend to little Orville,' she said. 'No matter what happens, you'll never leave the little jerk,' she said. 'Promise me, Jeff, promise me,' she said.
Character B: Yeah, then she up and died before I had the chance to say no.

10. Character A: Junior, I have tell you something.
Character B: Don't get sentimental now dad, save it until we get out of here.
Character A: The floor's on fire... see... AND the chair.

11. Character A: At last the day is came!
Character B: Mareichtag and I are speaking nothing but English now.
Character A: So we should feel at home when we get to America.
Character C: Very nice idea, mm-hmm.
Character B: [toasting] To America!
Character A: To America!
Character C: To America!
Character B: Liebchen - sweetnessheart, what watch?
Character A: Ten watch.
Character B: Such much?
Character C: Hm. You will get along beautiful in America, mm-hmm.

12. Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up.

13. [singing] Why don't we all drink/Some very sexy wine?

14. Character A: Sergeant Angel's been taken care of?
Character B: Yarp...
Character A: He's not going to get back up again?
[Character B thinks for a while]
Character B: [hesitantly] Narp?
Character A: Good. Proceed to the castle.

15.Character A: Aw, hell, Jim. I could never harm you. You're honest and brave and true. You didn't learn that from me.
Character B: I learned it from my friends, Mr. Silver. Now, take your oars and row away. I never want to see you again. Ever.


Ivy and Jyan, I choose (erm, tag) you!

No comments: